Thursday, March 25, 2010

Treasure Chest Thursday - 1956 news clipping

Treasure Chest Thursday - 1956 news clipping

Since it is over 50 years old, I assume this clipping is a Treasure Chest item - it certainly is, to me. My wife and I were high school classmates and we did a lot of singing - solos, duets, quartets and larger groups, at church but mostly at school.
We started "going steady" in the spring of our junior year in high school. This clipping is in the fall of that year, when we were seniors. We had a pretty decent duet worked up - singing, with a little bitty soft shoe dance routine to go with it, when appropriate. This was from a contest we were in. We celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary last summer, and Nancy just got a new ukulele (from the UPS man) today. So, I guess not a whole lot has changed. The love of music, and each other, has stayed pretty stable!  ;-)


Families are Forever!  ;-)

2 comments:

  1. I certainly think it is a treasure. What a wonderful keepsake of your life together! Sure would love to hear her play that ukulele. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, that's definitely a treasure, Bill! Sweet!

    ReplyDelete