Friday, November 12, 2010

Follow Friday - 12 Nov 2010

Follow Friday - 12 Nov 2010


My recommendations this week. As usual, I normally pick one or two good posts from my week's readings, or left from the prior week! Hope they are useful or at least interesting to you, as well! If it is your first visit, even better!  ;-)


POST 1:

It has been a while since I have had a chance to mention a blog post by my friend, Kathleen Brandt, at a3Genealogy: Accurate Accessible Answers. Her post, "But, It Doesn't Follow Logic!" really caught my attention. She gives outstanding examples to back up her assertion that you must know/look at the laws of the time and place you are researching. But, of course, she just scratches the surface. Use these examples to remind yourself to properly followup in your personal research.


POST 2:

This recommendation could have come from any of several places, but I am using Randy Seaver's post: "Can we really build a Better GEDCOM?" I think this development and the wikispace being used to collaboratively move forward is very important to each of us doing genealogy research. The GEDCOM standard is critical to us all, but it can be improved. Check out the links, and, if you have the skills, the interests and the time, I encourage you to participate at an appropriate level.


Comments are welcome, as always!


Families are Forever!  ;-)

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Bill for the Follow Friday. You are kind!
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. The link to Kathleen's post is broken. I just thought you'd want to know.... Thanks for sharing it. (I can get to her blog without the link.)

    ReplyDelete